Monday, February 2, 2009

We Can Only Look Forward

This has been a really strange week. I have friends whom I haven't met for years getting in touch via phone, facebook and other modern methods and I was reminded of how we met, the encounters, the pleasant and unpleasant experiences and follies of youth.

We are all of course much older, a lot more sensible, less selfish and considerate of others but I am glad that we still get second chances to be friends again. My take is that we make the most mistakes in our teens, we get vain in our 20s and we sit better in our own skins when we reach our 30s. This, can only come out of the mouth of a woman in her 30s.

I am thankful for this opportunity to take a step back, be on my own to soul search for the past six weeks. Good things happen when positivity comes from within...

Over the years, people have shown me kindness, patience and tolerance and through them, I have learnt the same virtues and in many instances, I often wonder if I can give as generously as them. I have fallen hard but yet, many times, when I look up, I see many pairs of helping hands in the faces of these angels whom I have kept as friends. I am indeed blessed.

No comments: