Monday, February 23, 2009

Life Is Good

Two weeks into my new job and I fell dreadfully ill! Must be due to all that excitement and built-up. Six whole weeks of no work done was bliss and I am still trying to get adjusted to the wake-up-at-7.30-brush-teeth-wash-face-go-to-work routine. I am missing Thailand, Taiwan and even done-to-death Bintan.

But on the bright side - yes, yes, I have new-found positivity these days. I am happily employed (hurrah!) and I have a very nice boss (double hurrah!) who doesn't hover around me nor bothers about my step-by-step processes (triple hurrah!). But as I was sharing with my ex-colleague, Mou, over FB earlier, I am just super glad that I don't have to do the horrid monthly cost centre management - the much dreaded LEAP (Latest Estimates) and CC-tools (personnel costings) - all of which closes when our dear old HQ colleagues decide to balek kampong. Bleh.

For the first time, I must say that I am leading a very normal, borderline blissful office life. Yea... you must wonder about the type of life I'd been leading over the past ten years. I have a nice lady colleague who is from HK (let's call her V) who is my unofficial lunch kaki and a fantastic IT guru who sits beside me (let's call him C) who patiently fields all my strange IT requests and queries. I smell some politics and I recognise them but as I always do, I refused to get entangled in the web of bleakness and fall prey to their bitchiness (and yes, the women are always on the large side). I want a good night's rest =)

I am doing the stuff that makes me happy out of work and my boss leaves me to turn around press releases and articles on a day-to-day basis (what more can a gal ask for?). I love to write and I am now paid to write daily. Life is bliss =)

1 comment:

moninet said...

take care... dun overstretch urself with work, tk time out to smell the flowers... & for more tea gatherings! :)