Saturday, February 28, 2009

Musings

Cas, the character in Game Over's planning her wedding. Like her, I had never given a thought about weddings, not even when I was a wee child. Reading this made me think about how I'd want mine when the time comes. Here are my initial thoughts:-

When
June (It's summer and the time of the year when I was born)

Colour
Sunshine yellow or blue and silver (with silver bells)

Where
Somewhere outdoors, with a big, huge white tent and proper wood flooring so that high-heels won't sink into the the ground.

What
Intimate and exclusive. Either canapes or sit-down, with a kids section (a clown perhaps) so that children are entertained

String-quartet or a singing trio that goes around to clusters of guests to belt out upbeat tunes to lift spirits (generates good ch'i)

Good host with great humour and strong presence to work the room (a male perhaps, like Vernon A)

Favours
Something Asian and pseudo-traditional... such as five-stones in a pretty mesh bag or fortune-cookies in a ketupat case

Attire
If I strike lottery, something from Kai (I like his style and he is very very patient) - perhaps a themed dress or something to reflect my peranakan roots

Music
The musical trio or quartet should suffice but in the event that it doesn't, the background music should be jazzy and quasi-oriental. Like "ye shanghai" with a twist.

Entertainment
A tune or two by my former housemate, who is a trained singer. And my many friends to make short speeches

Honeymoon
But of course since it is me, I may just run away and do without the whole works. But it has to be a cool-climate, romantic venue, such as Paris or Switzerland

No comments: