Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Finds!

On Make-up
I am not a big fan of liquid eyeliners as I am terrified of the dye contaminating my contacts. However, since I have embarked on my new fitness regime this week, I was inspired to try on the new smudge-proof liquid eyeliner that Mau, Pam and Moninet got me last Christmas from Sasa (it's called Maxigrade and the packaging comes with a whole mumbo jumbo of Japanese which I can't comprehend). I am pleased to say that it survived the rain and a strenuous workout! Hurrah to a great product find =)

Gastronomical Finds
In addition, I had a media lunch today at OTTO, a fairly new Italian joint at the Red Dot and had a fantabulous time catching up with an old editorial contact. Since it was an official lunch, with my ED in tow, there was no way I could whip out my camera to snap pictures of the food but for its price, it was a really scrumptuous fare. The portions were just right for a four course meal.
I had the prawns for starters, fish as main and the banana for dessert. I was a good girl - I chose my food with thought =)

On Thoughts
Having spent my entire working career selling profiles to the media, an old editorial contact of mine called last week to ask if I could do an interview on positive thoughts during these turbulent times. I paused for a bit before agreeing. It was an interesting experience, to be on the other side and to be queried on my thoughts and take on life.

Even the photoshoot was fun, with the photographer coaxing me to step amongst the flora and fauna in the middle of Shenton Way and "look up in hopefulness to the sky". Hur hur.

No comments: